Use this blog to:
- Ask Professor Plant any questions you may have.
- Share interesting stories or photographs with other schools.
- Once you send a message, Professor Plant will read it then publish it onto the website.
To be web safe:
- We will not publish any childrens names.
- When you leave a message, list the name of your school, then your comment will be posted as 'pupils from' and the 'name of your school'.
- Always ask your teacher for permission before posting a message or a photograph.
SCAN is an Amgueddfa Cymru - National Museum Wales project, which helps schools promote Education for Sustainable Development.
Spring Bulb for Schools: Results 2005-2013
The ‘Spring Bulbs for Schools’ project allows 1000s of schools scientists to work with Amgueddfa Cymru-National Museum Wales to investigate and understand climate change.
Since October 2005, school scientists have been keeping weather records and noting when their flowers open, as part of a long-term study looking at the effects of temperature on spring bulbs.
Certificates have now been sent out to all the 3,979 pupils that completed the project this year.
See Professor Plant's reports or download the spreadsheet to study the trends for yourself!
- Make graphs & frequency charts or calculate the mean.
- See if the flowers opened late in schools that recorded cold weather.
See how temperature, sunshine and rainfall affect the average flowering dates.
Look for trends between different locations.
Facebook Professor Plant