The departmental research facilities and resources
The Department of Industry's collections comprise the following collections:
- Three-dimensional artefacts, ranging in size from original boats, locomotives and stationary engines down to scale models of these artefacts, from pig iron to billet sections down to nails, from coal cutters to mandrels
- Documents, e.g. posters, brochures, payslips, discharge certificates, indentures
- Photographs, paper, glass and film negatives, original and copy prints, works of art, paintings (all media) and applied art
- Film and sound recordings, all formats from cine, u-matic and VHS from reel tapes to cassette.
For more information please contact the appropriate Departmental Curator.
The Collections Centre, Nantgarw is open to researchers, on an appointment basis, from Monday to Friday between 9.30am and 4.00pm.
Before you visit, remember, you will need to:
- Make an appointment with curatorial staff within the Department of Industry.
- Bring with you proof of identity e.g. driver's licence, passport, or birth certificate.
- Abide by the Research Room Regulations.