A family of world-class national museums
We will develop our world-class museum spaces to inspire learning and connect people with the past, present and future
Following investment of over £40m in the National Slate Museum, Llanberis, Big Pit: National Mining Museum, Blaenavon, National Wool Museum, Drefach and the brand new National Waterfront Museum in Swansea, as part of the Industrial Strategy, we are focussing attention on the National Museum Cardiff and St Fagans National History Museum, taking on board feedback from the initial public consultation on our Vision in Spring 2005.
We plan to complete the following strategic initiatives:
- Parhau ag ailddatblygiad ffisegol Sain Ffagan fel rhan o’r project Creu Hanes (bl. 1 – bl. 3).
- Continue the physical redevelopment of the St Fagans as part of the ‘Making History’ project (year 1 – year 3)
- Continue concept development of the National Museum of Natural History at National Museum Cardiff (year 1 – year 3)
- In line with the National Museum Cardiff ground floor Masterplan, relocate components of the display of Archaeology & Numismatics collections to St Fagans National History Museum (year 1)
- Draw up project plans for the redevelopment of the National Roman Legion Museum including a funding strategy and incorporating strategic partnerships (year 1)
- Develop plans for the Mill and Ty Pen Pownd at the National Wool Museum (year 1)