Child Protection Policy: Appendix 6 - Group conduct while in the Museum
The Museum wishes all visitors to have an enjoyable stay. We therefore expect all visitors to display courtesy and respect for others and for the Museum property at all times while visiting the Museum.
Group leaders should therefore not allow members of their group to:
- Use threatening, abusive or violent behaviour
- Bully (verbally or physically)
- Make any sexist, racist or other offensive remarks toward any person or other group
- Vandalise Museum property or displays
- Leave litter on the Museum premises
- Feed, touch, scare or hurt any animals present
- Enter areas of the Museum that are cordoned off
- Use bad language
- Consume alcohol outside designated areas (e.g. restaurant and picnic areas) or use illegal drugs
- Eat or drink apart from in cafes, restaurant and places set aside for school parties to eat their own refreshments
- Use mobile 'phones in the galleries
In the event that any of the above are not followed the Museum reserves the right to refuse admission and/or ask the group to leave.