Spring Bulb for Schools: Results 2005-2012
The ‘Spring Bulbs for Schools’ project allows 1000s of schools scientists to work with Amgueddfa Cymru-National Museum Wales to investigate and understand climate change.
Since October 2005, school scientists have been keeping weather records and noting when their flowers open, as part of a long-term study looking at the effects of temperature on spring bulbs.
Certificates have now been sent out to all the 2,933 pupils that completed the project this year.
See Professor Plant's reports or download the spreadsheet to study the trends for yourself!
- Make graphs & frequency charts or calculate the mean.
See if the flowers opened late in schools that recorded cold weather.
See how temperature, sunshine and rainfall affect the average flowering dates.
Look for trends between different locations.
1st: Sana Patel - Fulwood & Cadley Primary
2nd: Markus - Stanford Primary - Age 9
3rd: Emilia Porter - Fulwood & Cadley Primary
- Marielle Matter - Westwood Primary - Age 9
- Emlyn Piette - Westwood Primary - Age 10
- Aleena Raza - Fulwood & Cadley Primary
- Lucy Turner - Fulwood & Cadley Primary
- Davina Vadhere - Fulwood & Cadley Primary
- Bradley Cox - Stanford in the Vale Primary - Age 9
- Abigail Boswell - Fulwood & Cadley Primary
- Hasan Patel - Fulwood & Cadley Primary
- Tom Betheridge - Fulwood & Cadley Primary
- Mairelle Mattar - Westwood Primary - Age 9
- Hasan Ali - Sherwood Primary
- Charlie Smith - Ysgol Nant Y coed - Oed 9
Facebook Professor Plant