Making History Together
Over the next 10 years St Fagans: National History Museum needs your help to develop into a Museum that meets the needs of the people of Wales today.
With support from the Welsh Government, the Making History project will be seeking a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund to transform the visitor experience by completely revamping the main building, opening exciting new galleries and learning spaces and improving visitor facilities.
The new vision for St Fagans will be achieved through the following changes:
- new reconstructed buildings illustrating life in Iron Age and medieval Wales
- a brand new sustainable building with display and activity spaces to try out traditional skills
- improved access to the Castle and gardens
- new play areas
- reinstating the historical landscaping in the woods at the south of the site
- landscaping and environmental improvements to the car park.
Extension and alterations to the Main Building include:
- new activity-rich exhibitions and galleries
- a new Learning Centre for activities, workshops and access to collections
- roofing the existing courtyard to provide a new welcoming orientation space
- a new shop and cafe.
We would like to know what you think about the redevelopment. Please take a look at the plans and give us your feedback below