Mary Thomas (1905-83)
Bwlch-y-gwynt, Ffair-rhos, Ceredigion.
Born: Cwm Gwyddyl (smallholding), Ffair-rhos. Had lived in the area all her life. A cultured housewife, who took a great interest in local traditions and stories and spoke rich idiomatic Welsh, full of eloquence as she told her many tales. Her husband, William Thomas (WT), was present during the recording, enjoying every minute of it, and often joining in the conversation.
- Hearing a Hymn Sung at Three o' Clock in the Morning
- Enoc Ysguboriau and Pegi, His 'Little Girl', See a Funeral Procession on the Road
- A Man from Ysbyty Ystwyth sees a Corpse Candle
- The Ffair-rhos Brwcsod
- A Young Man Coming Home after Courting Sees the Ghost of his Best Friend
- 'I Have a Hen,' said Richards Cefen-gâr...
- 'I'll Tell You a Story...'
- The Big Crow and the Little Crow Go Gathering Nuts in the Woods