Lewis T Evans (1882-1975)
Y Gyffylliog, Ruthin.
He was born at Ty'n-y-gilfach, Cefn Brith, in the parish of Cerrigydrudion and the county of Conwy. During his working life he had been a farm servant, small-holder, quarryman, gamekeeper and forester. He was also a talented poet and a noted tradition-bearer. Some four hundred of his narratives were recorded on tape by the Museum of Welsh Life during 1964-74. (For further information relating to Lewis T Evans, see the notes to his story: 'Robin Ddu and his Brothers'.)
- The Farmer Who Does His Wife's Housework
- Who is the Boss - The Husband or the Wife?
- Robin Ddu And His Brothers
- Robin the Sailor and the Woman of the Brown Cow Inn
- Three Brothers Make Their Fortunes
- The Treasure of Tyddyn Cwtyn y Ci
- The Heron, the Cat and the Bramble
- The White Man Who Married A Black Woman
- The Three Jolly Lads and the Innkeeper