Images of Industry
IVANCOVICH, Basi (1815 - 1898)
The Glanrheidol was built in 1883 by Doxford’s of Sunderland to the order of the Glanrheidol Steamship Co. Ltd., Aberystwyth. The company was promoted by John Mathias, a grocer of the town, but the ‘F.J.’ funnel markings refer to her two major shareholders, Captain John Francis and Thomas Jones. Sold to a London shipping firm in 1891, the Glanrheidol was still trading under Spanish ownership in 1940.