ADAM, Marie-Edouard (1847 - 1929)
Media: oil on canvas
Size: 700 x 991 mm
Acquired: 1962; Gift
Accession Number: 62.229/3
The original ship S.S. BALA was completed by the order of Evan Thomas, Radcliffe and Co., Cardiff by William Gray and Co. of West Hartlepool in 1884. She was sold in 1903 to the Glanhowny Steamship Co. of Cardiff and re-named S.S. GLANHOWNY after the home of one of her new owners, Captain Thomas Owen of Aberporth, Dyfed. She was lost in a collision with a German steamer at Antwerp in May 1907.