- Supergene: post-mining oxidation & weathering deposits
- Supergene: in situ natural oxidation & weathering deposits
- Dolyhir Quarry, Old Radnor, Powys: three specimens containing lanarkite were collected from a galena-rich block discovered in 1996. Lanarkite occurs as masses of white, intergrown, bladed crystals up to about 1 mm in length associated with elyite and probable leadhillite. This occurrence is attributed to natural in-situ alteration, the first from Wales (Cotterell et al., 2011).
- Eaglebrook (Nantycagl) Mine, Ceulanymaesmawr, Ceredigion: listed without further description by Rust et al. (1995). Lanarkite is likely to form part of the extensive dump-formed supergene assemblage within the eastern engine-shaft dump.
- Frongoch Mine, Devil's Bridge, Ceredigion: briefly recorded by Mason (1994) forming part of an extensive partly dump-formed supergene assemblage. Green et al. (1996) provide a detailed description, recording that two specimens of lanarkite have been found, and, appear to be the first reported from Wales. One specimen displays radiating groups of bladed crystals to 2.5 mm and the other, subparallel groups of prismatic crystals to 2 mm. The lanarkite is crystallized on a fine covelline crust, and is associated with minute crystals of susannite and caledonite (Green et al., 1996).
There are no key localities for this specimen.
- Cotterell, T.F., Green, D.I., Hubbard, N., Mason, J.S., Starkey, R.E. and Tindle, A.G., 2011. The Mineralogy of Dolyhir Quarry, Old Radnor, Powys, Wales. UK Journal of Mines and Minerals, 32, 5-61.
- Green, D.I., Rust, S.A. & Mason, J.S., 1996. Classic British mineral localities: Frongoch Mine, Dyfed. UK Journal of Mines & Minerals, 17, 29-38.
- Mason, J.S., 1994. A Regional Paragenesis for the Central Wales Orefield. Unpublished M.Phil thesis, University of Wales (Aberystwyth).
- Rust, S., Burchmore, S. & Foy, E., 1995. Some interesting new finds from the Nant-y-cagle mine. British Micromount Society Newsletter, 40, 8-10.
There are no references for this specimen.