Terms and conditions
The Wales and Borders Radiocarbon database is provided under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales Licence. In summary, this licence allows you:
- to copy, distribute and publish the work
- to make derivative works from it.
As long as you:
- give the original authors credit (Steve Burrow and Sian Williams, Amgueddfa Cymru - National Museum Wales).
- do not use this work for commercial purposes.
- and, if you alter, transform, or build upon this work, that you distribute the resulting work only under a licence identical to this one.
How to cite the database:
Burrow, S. and Williams, S. (2008) 'The Wales and Borders radiocarbon database'. Amgueddfa Cymru - National Museum Wales. [Available from: www.museumwales.ac.uk/en/radiocarbon].
This dataset is provided without warranty. It is derived from a database designed for internal use and is made available here in a semi-validated state. None of the information it contains should be relied upon without first reviewing the contents of the bibliographic reference cited in each database entry.
It should also be noted that the interpretation of radiocarbon dates can be complicated. The user should obtain a thorough grounding in the theory and practise of radiocarbon dating and analysis before utilising this database.