What is this website about?
Get out of the classroom! Join the 1000s of school scientists taking part in this exciting investigation. Adopt your own spring bulbs to help Professor Plant find out how the changing seasons are affecting spring flowers.
Since October 2005, school scientists across Wales have been keeping weather records and noting when their flowers open, as part of this long-term study looking at the effects of temperature on spring bulbs.
We continue to work in partnership with the Edina Trust who support and fund the project. The Edina Trust have been running an extension project since 2011, extending the National Museum Wales core project to selected Edina schools in England and Scotland.
How do we get involved?
(by 12 October)
- Bulb Adoption Certificate (PDF)
- Bulb care - after flowering (PDF)
- Make your own bulb label (PDF)
- Make your own mini-origami booklet! (Colour version) (PDF)
- Make your own mini-origami booklet! (Fill in the gaps version) (PDF)
- Make your own mini-origami booklet! (How to do) (PDF)
- My Crocus (PDF)
- My Daffodil (PDF)
- Name parts of a Daffodil (PDF)
- Name the crocus flower parts (PDF)
- Name the daffodil flower parts (PDF)
- Name the parts of a crocus (PDF)
- Professor Plant’s investigation ideas (PDF)