Friends of Amgueddfa Cymru — National Museum Wales
Watkins Williams-Wynne’s chamber organ, built by John Snetzler and designed by neo-classical architect Robert Adam (1728-92).
The Friends awarded a grant to enable the restoration of the Smith Rodley excavator at the National Slate Museum.
Friends’ visit to Lake Maggiore, Italy.
Cream bowl from the 'Hafod' dessert service, Derby porcelain, 1787.
The Friends awarded a grant to develop the Pegasus Centre at the National Roman Legion Museum.
Restoration of the gates to the rose garden at St Fagans National History Museum
The aims of the Friends include:
The stimulation of interest in Amgueddfa Cymru across all sites.
These aims are pursued through:
- the arrangement of excursions of varying duration to places of interest in the UK and abroad.
- monthly public lectures on topics of artistic, historical, and scientific interest.
- other activities such as concerts and ‘behind the scenes’ Museum visits.
Membership of the Friends offers entitlement to:
- involvement in Friends’ activities generally, including concessionary admission charges to our public lectures.
- receipt of the award - winning Friends’ Newsletter and Magazine three times a year.
- a discount of 10% in all Museum shops, restaurants, and cafés.
- participation in an association of like-minded people.
Admission to all the Museums sites is free of charge. Some special exhibitions and events carry a separate charge.
Friends of Amgueddfa Cymru are affiliated to the British Association of Friends of Museums (BAFM)