Snowdonia 1890 Day
- Take a trip back in time in our Snowdonia 1890 Day to coincide with the BBC’s new reality show about life in the slate communities of north Wales at the turn of the last century.
As two modern Welsh families step back in time to live as they would have in Victorian days, join us here at the National Slate Museum for a taster of Victorian life.
- Step back in time with the famous Dr Who TARDIS
- Meet the quarry foreman from the programme
- Make a Victorian decoupage craft
- See our slate splitter demonstrating the traditional craft of splitting and dressing the slate
- Visit our terrace of slate worker’s houses to see what home life was really like
- See UNA - the quarry engine - in steam
UPDATE: Please note the climbing wall previously advertised will not be at this event due to unforseen circumstances.
See www.bbc.co.uk/snowdonia1890 for more information about the programme.